Friday 16 August 2013

Thank Routeco It's Friday! (TRIF)


Holidays!


It's that time of year again when schools are deserted and offices desks start to empty. Summer time! Although in the UK its not always that different from autumn, winter and spring... So who can blame us, we all like to get away from the UK when we can!

Rather than talk about the beautiful weather and locations of some of the most popular holiday destinations, in true magazine style I thought I would show you some of the more unusual choices.
 
Antarctica
So Antarctica doesn't offer the usual perks of a sunny holiday, despite this it has been growing in popularity over the last few years. It offers spectacular sights, and some incredible wildlife such as the chance to see penguins and whales! For me the idea of wearing about 6 layers of clothing before I even consider leaving my room is not a holiday, but you can see the appeal..


Roswell New Mexico
This famous American destination is extremely popular among Alien fans as it is the area where a UFO supposedly crashed and evidence was cleared up by the Government. The areas popularity was even shown in recent film PAUL in which they travel to famous alien hotspots. Not my idea of a holiday, but my mums idea of heaven.



Ice Hotel Sweden
This destination says it all in the title, a hotel made out of ice. Famous for its artistic beauty and ice sculptures, but brrr the thought of it makes me shiver!

Amish 


Living an Amish lifestyle for a week, my parents once asked me to do this as a joke (I hope it was a joke). You spend one week away from civilisation, away from all electronics, spending time as a family making all of your own food and doing all of your own cleaning.




What are some of your favourite or most feared destinations?

Have a lovely weekend!
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment