Thursday 19 September 2013

Routeco Golf Day

So yesterday was our annual Routeco golf day and what a great day it was! It took place at Belton Woods in Lincolnshire, a beautiful location and a great course to play on (so I’ve heard).

We were slightly panicked by the weather but with great luck it held out and we even got a good bit of sunshine!

Now I’m no golfer, in fact yesterday was my first time visiting a golf course but I must say, now I understand why people love it! The course was beautiful, especially the view from the top of the hill!


All the teams had a great few hours in the sunshine showing of their skills or maybe having a sulk (or two).
 
I even had the opportunity to be cruised around in a buggy so I could visit all the teams. I have to say it was quite tense watching and trying to take some sly action shots!
But who did great over all? Of course there were some prizes at the end!
We had a team competition where 2nd and 1st place were within a point of each other! But with 109 points it was Routeco’s own David Evans and his team Colin Spencer and Nick Crosbie who were champions of the competition.

There was then the individual competition, and a huge well done to Jon Kendrick who got 40 points (I heard that’s pretty great) for the day!

Then we had our longest drive competition, again… Jon Kendrick showing off his skills!
And our nearest to the pin competitions which included the 2nd hole- once again a massive well done to Jon Kendrick!
And the 11th hole was one by Damien Kelly!
Well done everyone!

And thank you to everyone who attended, and made it a really great day.

Laura




No comments:

Post a Comment