Friday 14 June 2013

Thank Routeco It's Friday! (TRIF)

London Calling

Tomorrow I am off to London to see 'We Will Rock You'. Having seen this a few years ago, I would highly recommend this musical! I am looking forward to having a sing-a-long with the Queen tracks!

I have to admit that going to the capital does seem to throw me into full tourist mode - I get my camera out at any opportunity, and usually end up coming home with a trinket such as a "I Love London" t-shirt (which is only ever worn for sports!)
Some of my favourite places to go in London are:
Covent Gardens
Oxford Street
Outside Buckingham Palace/Along the mall
The Aquarium

However, the time has come where I am looking for new places to go... so please let me know your suggestions! Parks, museums, tourist attractions, bars, restaurants...anything!

Hope you have a fun weekend!

Helen

2 comments:

  1. Helen, if its a nice sunny day take a walk through covent garden, down to the strand, along to charing cross and then down to embankment. The gardens next to embankment station have a band stand and you get some good live music in the park there for free over lunch on a sunny day.. Then have a beer on one of the boat/bars along the embankment :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Damian! Thank you for your suggestions! We did end up going for a walk (a very long one and I am not 100% sure where we went!) and then lunch in a Garfunkels which was lovely. We Will Rock You is incredible and I would highly recommend going if you get the chance! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete